"Princess Grace's dress having darkened"

I haven't seen all the posts Adele
refers to as I am in digest, but received hers.

I think all natural light
colored textiles yellow or darken unless treated again to whiten/lighten, but
that weakens fibers.  Different things, from processing, assembling, wearing,
cleaning, and storing factor into that, but no doubt they turn away from their
white of origination.  Silk and wool are even worse for it, and a white silk
blouse or wool coat, will knowingly come back more yellow and darker with each
drycleaning, because of the chemical process and heat (even if fresh
solution), in addition to time and air, oxidation, etc..

I think the
non-acid tissue is as much about eating away at fold lines and all related
deterioration, than even in the yellowing, because of the acid (as the name
states), but Jeri can address that in more detail, as I have never stored
things in an acid paper.

Best,
Susan Reishus