Dear Susan,

An expanded version of the Coco Chanel quote has been on the front of
Lacemakers of Maine's handout for 15 plus years.  We believe if you give
someone a piece of paper, you should give them a reason to keep it.  The
handout
was so carefully written that it is still current, except for a  contact
e-mail address, which we pen in.

Our handout is a white 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper, folded in half.   That
gives 4 sides for a lace message.  Inside the fold is a list called  "Care
of Lace" and on the facing side we tell about Lacemakers of Maine - a
description of the group, list of lace techniques, list of places we have
demonstrated, and contact information.  The back page has information about
IOLI
and Arachne.  Yes!  We have been telling people about Arachne for  a long
time.

We individually pick up the costs of our little group.  No dues, no
officers (all are equal), no complicated obligations for already busy  people.
Might not work for larger groups, but we are a very small circle  of lace
loving women who host meetings in private homes.  Works for  us.  Suggest it
for
the very small isolated lace groups that would be  possible throughout
large countries like the U.S., Canada and  Australia.

What we lack is experienced teachers.  We rely on Tess a lot.

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 8/11/2011 7:10:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,