I recently read "The White Queen", "The Virgin's Lover", & "The Red Queen" by Philippa Godfrey in that order. Sadly, these are all the books, written by this author, that the Tartu public library has on its shelves.

I really enjoyed them, but was a little disappointed that her research wasn't thorough enough. In "The Red Queen" she refers to Margaret wearing a nightgown which has "the finest Valenciennes lace". Am I correct in thinking that this type of lace didn't exist in the middle of the 15th century (1453 AD)? According to my computer research, it came into existence in the middle of the 18th century.

Warm regards from,
Pene in Tartu, Estonia