I would definately have to go this way with the salt as I dont have any natural saliva, Sjogrens Syndrome has killed off my saliva glands, so I am very careful of covering fingers if I split the skin in anyway. I did get some on a lacy undergarment recently but didn't find out until I went to put it on 'clean' and dry a week or more later. Is there someway to get rid of it now? It is commercial lace, not handmade.
Sue T
Dorset UK

A very old fashion remedy for this problem comes from my late great
Victorian era aunt Ina, soak item whether
it be of cotton or linen content in cold highly salted water.  Has worked
wonders for as long as I can remember.

Margeret from a beautiful warm, picture postcard autumn day in the Georgian
Bay area of Ontario, Canada.