I can't shuttle tat due to arthritis in the joints of my thumbs, particularly
the left one (can't
hold/manipulate the thread round the hand) - do you think needle tatting would
be easier/more
comfortable in this respect?

I can't sew or embroider any longer due to said arthritic thumb, so would like
a portable craft for
train journeys (bobbin lace is definitely not manageable on the sort of crowded
commuter train I use
daily)

Beth
In a rather chilly Cheshire, NW England