Dear Jenny, et al.,
    You always know the right, loving thing to say.  I finished my Christmas
exchange project for Liberty Lacers, Philadelphia, PA, US in September, except
for finishing.  I've never done a Christmas exchange, so I'm excited about how
it works.  I am now working on learning Flanders from Barbara Corbet's new
book.  The 'lessons' are a rather large sampler in the form of a house, which
gets progressively more difficult. It has colored diagrams for the whole thing,
which is sort of paint by numbers, but if you think about what you are doing,
and try to figure out why it is planned that way, you learn a lot.  I do it
first thing in the morning, and for at least the past month I've been getting
up early, (5 a.m. is usually thought early) and making lace for about an hour,
perhaps longer, depending, with my morning coffee in hand. Very pleasant.  Not
for beginners, because doing it as I do, you have to be able to look at it and
figure out where you went wrong, but lots of fun.  I!
 t's rather neat, as well, that I learn lace, and have much more than little
bits to show for it.  I have nearly finished the building, and then will
continue with the roof.

I go for jury duty on November 7, and I am trying to figure out if I can take
my lace to it.  It is at the local courthouse, where I worked for 20 years, and
I don't see why not.  One is allowed to take one's laptop, and as long as I
don't take a Dangerous Weapon, should be no problem.  Talk about a lace
demonstration!!  Captive audience with nothing to do but wait. What an
opportunity.  I probably won't be chosen, so I should have several hours for
lace.  We're there for 3 days.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US, where there were frost warnings but no
frost this morning.   An inch of snow expected tomorrow.