Greetings, Gentle Spiders!

For the past four weeks, I have been "down for the count".  I attended the Fall
Lace Day in Gold Hill, NC on Oct. 1, and had a delightful time.  By the
following Tuesday, I was in bed with a horrendous respiratory flu that is only
reluctantly letting go this week.  I have not looked at my lace in all this
time, although I have had short intervals when knitting was soothing.  Today,
my tolerance for the dust bunnies in the house has been maxed out, so I dragged
out the vacuum cleaner...  but one room at a time is all I can do before I'm
exhausted.  Yesterday, I went to the grocery store, and felt like Rip Van
Winkle...  the leaves were green when I last looked, and now they're in full
color and falling to the ground.  What a strange feeling, to have missed a
month!

The most urgent thing on my "to-do" list is to get back on schedule for
preparations for "Lace at Sweet Briar 2012".  Once that's done, I can get back
to my lace.

Hope all of you has dodged the (flu) bullet this year!  I usually get my flu
shot in October, but this year, that was too late!

Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA. USA