The OIDFA Bulletin for the Caen Conference 2012 describes Craponne lace as a
semi-continuous lace with mostly floral motifs.  The flowers and leaves in the
patterns are often surrounded with gimps to give a raised effect.  Cloth-stitch
and half-stitch blocks give this lace an impression of darkness and light.  Not
sure that will help, but there it is.  Adele is right in that it's from the
Huate Loire near Le Puy-en-Velay.  But the accompanying picture doesn't look
like the Cluny from Le Puy-en-Velay.  I'd bet that if you looked in the French
supplies stores you'd find the required book.

Adele Shaak  said:
I'm ready to bet that's what they make at Craponne-sur-Arzon. If so, maybe
there aren't any Craponne lace books because the books and patterns from the
other three places are enough.

>> Does anyone one where I can purchase a beginners pattern book on Crappone
>> Lace?  I am finding it quite hard to find a book.  Thankyou in advance.

Lyn from Lancaster, Pennsylvanai, USA, where it's a lovely fall day, sunny.
Leaves are dropping from the trees apace. 50F 9C