I think I better start keeping my eyes peeled for little charms that might just come in for someone. Mind you I think I might stick to things that wont look like sci fi ideas in 30 years time, <g>. Just thinking of the changes in mobile phones in the last 10 years makes me smile, let alone in 30 plus. A friend told me this morning that she had a silver 6pence sewn into her garter and still has it today, over 30 years later. The garter I wore was borrowed from my sister, so I dont have that.
Sue T

The other question I now have is should I make up the garter with elastic and ribbon now, or leave it to within a given time scale of a wedding. ?

I would leave out the elastic, because it can go bad during long storage. And I would leave out the ribbon till I knew the intended. It would be nice to have the _option_ to use the wedding colors, or the bride's favorite color, or some other personalization.

-----I dont think an iphone would be the right decoration, LOL.

But perhaps a charm on one of those cell phone 'leashes', dangling from the bow? <G>

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com