I threaded ribbon through the two circles of garter lace today, one laying
around the other and taken photos which are now at the beginning of my photo
album on the webshots page.   Hurwitzend for anyone who is interested to see.
Thank you for your feedback on the tension problem and the beginning and
ending of the lace.
I sent an email about laundering between uses, but it disappeared into
oblivion.  I am especially interested with relation to making sure there is no
residue from perspiration when worn around a brides leg.   I have read and
saved information previously posted about laundering lace, but am particularly
interested in the possible perspiration issue and preserving this lace for as
long as it can last down the generations into the future.
I want to write up a piece about my aunt who inspired it, and also a sheet
giving instructions about threading at the time and removal soon after the
wedding, relaundering and storing for the future uses.  This I feel needs to
go with the garter for the future.
Can anyone point me to archive about this, if its already been covered
before.
Many thanks
Sue T
Dorset UK