Hello All!  Thank you Lorelei--you've posted some great stuff that I will share
with EGA friends.  My chapter in OH has this on their radar for a monthly
program so maybe your info will inspire a reticella project!  Would someone
give a boot button clarification?  Are we speaking of glass head or mother of
pearl buttons that have a metal/steel shank that acts as a headpin on the top
side & the reverse is a closed loop where the thread is sewn?  In the past,
I've purchased them at vintage shops in OH & NY.  My best find is a set of
robin's egg blue glass buttons that need to be included on a fantabulous crazy
patch opus, as yet unimagined!  In the meantime, maybe they would bring luck
(if not skill!)to my various pillows.  <g>  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Palm Beach
Gardens, FL USA