It would be interesting to get opinions on the sensible, comfortable number of
pins in a given area of pillow.   The roller pillow is
My napkins certainly go into the wash in a pillowcase and damp press rather
than allow to dry and they come up well each time.  I also have a kerchief I
made which has also been washed in the same way without problems. I dont have
a dryer.
I am going to play with patterns so will see what works well and what causes
me problems:-)
thank you for your add ons.
Sue T
  Just remember if you are going to do a wider piece of lace, check that your
roller pillow has room for all the bobbins.  It can be a little uncomfortable
if they are getting in your way.  If using blue cardstock, you will still need
to cover the ink on the pricking with something unless it is a permanent ink.
I don't worry about yardage lace getting dirty, it is probably going to be
attached to something washable anyway.  I am a firm believer in chucking the
finished item with lace into the washer and dryer.

  Janice Blair
  Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
  www.jblace.com
  http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org

  Hi Janice,
  I do remember some of this but on this occasion chose to use normal pricking
card, but have since been reminded that ordinary card without the blue sticky
would work well.  It was my first try at using the roller pillow and I have a
snug fit over the top of the roller as well as a piece of camping foam and
then cotton fabric tight around it.  It is working pretty well, I am getting
on well.
  Having achieved that I will go for the lighter card next time and the
slightly larger roll of card to prevent the pins using the same hole for yards
  Sue T