Hello All!  Thank you Agnes for posting pics of your shawl!  WOW--I'm sure your
daughter will be thrilled!!  Did you say this came in a kit?  Would you be
willing to share the name of the manufacturer and/or some detail on the amount
of yarn required to make the pattern--yards/metres?  Although I'm not fond of
Torchon, it is a very effective technique in this scale.  I recall I read
somewhere that a scarf made in Torchon would use about 30% less yarn than a
knitted one of similar size & density.  Would you believe, over time I've
collected "one skein" of various yarns that are deliciously luxurious--one has
hand tied/hand dyed silk ribbons interspaced on silk/wool blend--& way too
expensive for me to make a sweater.  After seeing your shawl & my recent "scarf
experiment" with Oliver Twist embellishment threads, Torchon may be the ticket.
 Thanks again for sharing.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA