Dear Rose and spiders
I just have to join in and tell you that I also have a 7 year old granddaughter (she will be 8 in February) who has just become a lacemaker. She and her little sister came to stay in early December and I took them to a lace day with me. I did not get any of my own lace done that day as we started a multicoloured snake and everyone made her feel very special and admired it. It was not finished that day but next morning when I got up at about 6.30am, I found her already up and sitting at the lace pillow determined to finish her snake before leaving, which she did. I promised to make up her own lacemaking kit for Christmas and on Christmas day her face lit up on receiving it. Today, New Year's Eve I have the girls to stay again and we made a fish (from the Lace Guild website) in 1 hour. Maybe we will make anther one tomorrow so that she will remember how to start the next one herself.
I am as pleased as punch.
It is now just 2012 and I have just finished watching the Royal Variety Show. It is time I went to bed so that I can be a wide awake granny tomorrow.
Happy New Year to one and all.
Janis in Honeydew South Africa

Dear Spiders
I very rarely post but I had to tell you...

I've had my 7 year old granddaughter to stay and I was delighted to get her
making bobbin lace.
We made a highly prized silver snake with a purple strip down its back and
golden bead eyes.
Rosemarie Peel
Nuneaton UK

dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is