Hello Susan and everyone

Excellent belt idea!

For remembering the how-to it might help to think of  the bobbin lace
element 'spider' as what it really is, a type of crossing.

In half a spider, the pairs have crossed each other and are on different
sides than when they started. In a complete spider, they cross back again
'home.'

Practice, practice ;)

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada