Unsure what you mean in your first question, but some words definitely can have
a different pronunciation, not merely the difference in accent, depending on
whether they are UK or American.  Don't know if this word is one of those, as
I've only seen it written.  I must say, I was referring to the company and
museum in California.  I did not know that filet lace was also called 'lacis',
so there may a difference from that aspect, and thus a UK difference in the
pronunciation.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

-