Hello All!  Thanks to Jane's last post, I was able to connect with the line
drawings that became prickings.  What a clever way to stir the creative pot!  A
friend in Ohio does this sort of pictorial lace & creates some very interesting
tableaux.  Is this considered Idrija?  My apologies to Pene--a scroll is a
scroll to me & Milanese was the only one I knew!  Thanks Lorelei for clarifying
that scrolls can differ depending on the lace type.  Janice the new website
looks great & your "star" program looks like fun.  Hope you have a good turnout
& produce lots of glittering donations for IOLI.  To that end, have you
considered conducting a SAL?  In embroidery world, there are a number of
sites/blogs that offer Stitch-A-Longs.  Everyone uses the same pattern(s) but
thread choice is up to the stitcher.  It's a great way to teach/learn over a
defined time period & results are posted on the site.  For lace world, that
might mean the same shape with different levels of fillings for be!
 ginners, intermediate & advanced lacemakers.  Just a thought that might yield
more stars & help some budding lacemakers get over the hump on an unfamiliar
technique.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA