Dear Karen,

I think I can give you some help, although  I am Dutch and not Flemish.  In
this context "hulde" is best translated as "honour" or "homage".  I am a bit
confused with "de Vereenigde Staten".  This means The United States of America,
but they didn't declare war on Germany till 1917. That said, this could mean
thanking them for their help in other ways.
The translation for "Krijg" is war.
"Mijn vaderland is mijn Duurbarst Pand" could be translated as "My fatherland
is my most precious possession".
 As I said I am Dutch and although Dutch and Flemish do understand each other,
there are differences in our language.
I hope this is of some help.

Joke Sinclair