Hi Jen,
I think I bought mine somewhere like JoAnne Fabrics or Michaels, but they may
only stock it before Christmas.  Have you tried local embroidery shops?  Check
with Holly.  She lists DMC metallic thread but does not give the types, as does
Maria Provencher at Provo Enterprises in California.

www.vansciverbobbinlace.com/2Threads.html#Metallic%20Threads
http://www.provolace.com/THREAD.html

Janice

<Does anyone have a source in the US that sells Coats Ophir gold thread
online?   I've run a few searches, but I'm only finding overseas sites so far.
If there is an equivalent that I could use instead, that would be good to know
also.

Thanks!

 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org