If you don't like paying the price for prepared hot sauces, or would rather
consume it, use salt, baking soda and fresh lemon juice in equal amounts
(or plain vinegar instead of the lemon juice).**
There is a washing-brass-pin-recipe too - a spoonful of liquid dish
detergent, the same spoonful of vinegar, and about a cup of hot water, mix
in a glass vessel. Soak the pins until clean. Variations here and there on
the web ;)

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada