I am preparing to work a bucks point pattern, first time in a while, but this one has gimp fingers at regular points around the 6 sides of pattern. While pricking the pattern I noticed that there are very few pin holes within the fingers and wondered how these were worked and have checked out the visual introduction to bucks point lace by Stott and found other gimp fingers but with the same way of working. Pattern Joy pages 26 and 27. Are these worked in the usual cttt pin where pin holes are placed and just the cttt without the pin where no pin holes exist? If so with the gimp threads and pins at each end hold it all in a tidy way?
Many thanks
Sue T
Dorset UK