Although Milanese 'can' be made with 120 thread, it is more usually made with
80 or even thicker.

My first two bigger Milanese pieces were both made in 120. The first is hybrid
Honiton/Milanese bird, started with Pat Perryman but using Milanese braids to
relieve the tedium of many lengths of cloth stitch raised and rolled work.

The second was pure Milanese and because of the fine thread lacks a lot of the
impact it would have had worked at bit larger with a courser thread. It is a
piece of lace that needs close inspection.

Although I still like the first, the second one irritates me as all the work
put into it would have been better spent working it bigger. One day
perhaps......

Both are in my arachne Webshots album.

Cheers, Jacquie I'm Lincolnshire.