Dear Clay,

Well done!

Yes, he did a brilliant job with both the video and the lace. I am very sorry that you won't be at the IOL convention to see it in person. Jeff's crochet is one of the jewels of this extraordinary project.

For those of you who are within driving distance of St Paul and not attending the convention next week, keep in mind that the IOL convention will be open to the public on Wednesday, August 8. Details are on the Minnesota Lace Society's web page http://www.minnlacesociety.org/IOLI/publicday.html

The International Poppy Project has become an amazing collection of different interpretations of the Ulrike Voelcker's original drawing of a California poppy. Thousands of people had the chance to see it at OIDFA this year and were enthralled. No matter how many times I see it, I am still impressed by the variety and the workmanship. It will be hanging in the convention display room where the convention committee has worked hard to provide us with a very good exhibition space.

Europeans will have a chance to see it again at the lace day in Bochum, Germany, on November 10.

Susie Johnson
in southwestern Pennsylvania