I am unaware of there being different thicknesses but what I do know from my
work in the telecoms industry is that you can only bend it a certain amount
before the glass core snaps so winding onto bobbins would be an absolute no
no.

I believe our engineers coil fibres no tighter than a 12cm radius or
thereabouts. I would imagine fibres would work better in a half stitch ground
rather than sections of cloth stitch.

Good luck with your project.

Claire
Kent, UK
Where the stormy atmosphere is making me feel decidedly off centre.

Claire Allen
www.bonitocrafts.co.uk
Crafty stuff I want to show off.