Hello Everyone

Wolds Lacemakers are due to hold their annual Lace Day on the 22nd September
2012 at Cottingham Road Baptist Church Chanterlands Avenue Hull HU5 4AY
England.    The opening times are 10.a.m. to 4.p.m. and the entrance fee is
£3.50.    Our speaker will be Carol McFadzean on 'Mrs Treadwin - Lacemaker
Extraordinaire'.  She was an important 19th century figure in the history of
Devon Lace.   Carol will also have on display the lace of Christine Hawken as
well as the latest 'Honiton Fillings' Book for sale that the Devon Lace
Teachers finished at the request of Christine.    Honiton lovers will know of
Christine's 121 Honiton Lace Fillings.     We will  have suppliers in
attendance.   There will also be a raffle and a door prize so everyone is
advised to keep their Lace Day Ticket.   There is a small car park at the Hall
and there is parking Chanterlands Avenue and its side streets which are
unrestricted on time.    There is also access for disabled.   But pleased
bring a packed lunch as there are no sandwich shops nearby.     Cakes will be
provided with the afternoon tea.

We are also hopeful that the High Sheriff of Yorkshire will appear in the
morning in her full regalia, including the lace jabot and cuffs which were
made by a small team of lacemakers who are also members of Wolds Lacemakers.
She will tell us a bit about her role as High Sheriff.

So please, if you are in the area, do come and see us.    We expect this to be
a full and interesting day, especially as you can bring your lace pillow etc.
with you.

Regares

Maureen Bromley
Wolds Lacemakers.