Hi Robin,

I made a block pillow out of ethafoam planks from Hollister Metal
Edge, an
archival supply house...it's the dense kind that they use for
archival
storage...2.2 lbs/cubic foot.  The pins go in easily and are held
firmly.
http://www.hollingermetaledge.com/modules/store/index.html?dept=1077&cart=134
740716923520402

The planks I bought are white.  I also have a chunk of blue
from packaging,
which is a little less dense.  And I have some that is
even less dense that I
got from the IT guys at work...packaging from
computers.  The archival kind
seems to self-heal better and doesn't break
down.

Hope this helps.

Peg
watching the last of the light fade from the
sky...it's cooling down and the
crickets are chirping slower