I just finished my Christmas laces so am free to explore other things.

I've been working on a guipure lappet from the OIDFA book, and added about four
inches to it.  It's ready to set aside for a while. This project will take 2-3
years to complete.

At the same time, I'm sorting and collecting threads/yarns for a red and black
scarf.  I think I have enough to start winding bobbins.  I'm also preparing to
demo edging petals with wire at the January lace meeting.  I'll have three
pillows to show the start, middle, and end of a petal.  Two are ready but I
still have to set up the third.

Waiting for me to get to it is a Flanders item that was started in a class, and
ditto with a Binche tiny edging.  I also have the urge to do a bit on a
Kortelahti edging that I do mainly at demos.  Since it's over half finished,
I'm getting eager to see it done.  Since I've been in the habit of working
Kortelahti lace through Christmas and New Year's, that lace will come out in
about 3 more weeks.  It's five inches wide and will make a 24" centerpiece.
I'm guessing it will be ready for State Fair in 2014.

I have to admit to doing an occasional project in knitting, embroidery or
crochet, or even reading a book, so I have a variety of things to keep me busy.
 Retirement certainly isn't boring to me. <G>

Alice in Oregon .. with a gray, dry day between fierce storms.