Hi Arachnids

Re: [lace] Lacemaking in Croatia

Thanks, David!  That was very interesting.  Has anyone ever heard of
Aloe fiber use before?  That is what they were using for the

Vicki in unseasonably balmy Maryland

Agave americana, the century plant, an aloe has been used for making pita
thread for making lace. I have several Tenerife samples and they look and feel
similar to linen and cotton. Threads from other plants including stinging
nettle stems and pineapple leaves have also been used.  Unfortunately I cannot
give you any more help with yours.

You're lucky to be balmy. On the news we heard that Lution Airport is closed
due to snow and it has just reached us. It looked like it was getting thicker
but has now stopped. I hope it was just a flurry.

Keep lacemaking

Alex in cold Sussex.