How is it that sometimes several of us are on the same  wave-length?

I was just reading in the January 2013 issue of Maine Antique Digest  (a
huge monthly newspaper with international distribution), an article by  The
Young Collector couple trying to debunk the idea of antiques as being a  risky
business.  Their columns address younger people with an interest in
antiques.  They attended a talk by the President of the American  Alliance of
Museums (mentioned by Arlene in her note to Arachne).

The AAM's President's comments were that "around 850-million people visited
 American museums last year; that museums employ around 400,000 people; and
that  cultural tourism generates approximately $200-billion every year.
Add this  to the dollars generated annually in the antiques and art trade,
which according  to retired FBI art crimes detective is more money than is
spent on  professional baseball, football, basketball, and hockey combined, and
you're  talking serious interest in 'old stuff' on the part of the American
populace."

-------------------------------
Lace makers:  This was big news to me, and welcome news, as  well.  Of
course, quite a few museums are devoted to big sports,  perhaps visited several
times a year by the same people - but, even  so....

We need to educate everyone about those things that are encompassed by
womens' history.  That includes lace, of course.  If we can do  this, it should
generate interest by younger people in carrying  forward the enormous
amount of work done by our post-WWII teachers, authors,  collectors, scholars.
We are advancing in age, and this needs to be a  priority.

In the case of the AAM's May convention in Baltimore -- This region of the
U.S. is served well by the Chesapeake Region Lace Guild.  There are
several lace guild members with very good museum connections  that were used
during the 2011 IOLI convention in Bethesda Maryland (on  the border of the
Washington DC).  Since I am a long-distance  member of this guild, maybe there
are some brainstorming ideas I can contribute  to an effort to work on this?

It is important to respond to this call for action during the year when the
 AAM is meeting in the Chesapeake Region, where there are so many museums
and a large lace guild.

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center
Per Arlene in New Jersey:

Some googling led me to a group called the American Alliance of Museums.
They are having their annual meeting and museum expo in Baltimore in May.
Their website says:

I am wondering if we have any lacemakers in the  Baltimore area that would
be brave souls willing to set up demonstrations in the  likely convention
attendees hotel lobbies.  I picture a giant banner that  reads - "Got lace in
your collection?  No idea what to do with it and how  to share it with the
public?  Don't even know how it was created?  Come talk to us!  The theme of
this convention is 'The Power of  Story.'  We've got stories for  you!"