Ok... I'm joining in now....

Before I started school, like Ilske, I saw lace being made by my aunt.  She
promised she'd teach me when I started school, unfortunately she passed away
before I got there.  I'd been fascinated by the beads at the bottom of the
bobbins....  One of the saddest things for me is that I don't have any of her
lace.... not counting the crochet edged table cloth she made for my Mum and I
still have!!

It was over 50 years later that I found a teacher and started making lace!

Sue in a still wintry East Yorkshire