When giving something to a friend not relative like a horseshoe, handkerchief or other small item to a bride without knowing the colour of her gown etc are there any ideas people could tell of how they achieved that without it looking out of place?
Sue T
Dorset UK, dry and brightish after a wild windy night

I too wanted to make lace for my youngest daughter's future wedding but neither she nor I had any idea what kind of dress she would want and so I began yardage for a wedding veil when she was still in high school. I chose a torchon pattern about 2 " wide and used Metler 60/2 cotton thread. Over the next 5 years I made 8 yards. I used all but 13" when I made the veil. I also made her garter and lace for a hanky. Finally I made a square mat that was open in the center for the bridal pillow and after the wedding I took the mat off the pillow and put a picture of the bride and groom in the center, framed it and gave to the bride and groom.
There are lots of ways to use lace in a wedding besides on the dress.
Carol Melton