Hello Susan and everyone
Yes, you are correct - the thicker threads will not behave as the fine
threads do for Honiton lace, so adjust your technique accordingly.
My free advice for today is don't fight your materials ;)
You *can* do whatever works for you to make the lace the way you want!

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada