Hi Jean, and all,

I have my copy of Knipling since 2002 with an update in 2009. I often work with it alternating with Lace RXP, depending the type of lace I am designing. My OS Windows 7. I think that while RXP is very good for designing geometric laces, Knipling is excellent to work with braids (parallel lines), and all designs based on circles and circumferences, for example fans or round pieces. "Lace 8" (an update of RXP), I have to admit that has progressed a lot with respect the previous RXP, but only in so far as tools in general, printing and predetermined shapes, but not the "heart" of the software: its mathematical basis From my own experience, the Knipling software is constructed on a more mathematical basis than RXP It is possible to play with round and oval pieces, working on a more customized grids. These customizations require more knowledge of geometry and maths and it takes more time to be familiar with it, however once mastered the result is excellent. I have no relation with any of both suppliers, I only speaks from my own experience.
Kind  regards

Carolina