The word means "Thread bridge" - similar to the horseshoe, or what I use is a thin piece of wood 2mm thick (various lengths as needed), with holes either side to pin down. I also use this as a "Bedfordshire stick" : when starting at an angle or semi-circle working in both directions with laid open pairs, it is very useful to butt one half of the pair up against the wood, so you can start the other side, then reverse the process. It makes a tricky job with everything sliding all over the place a lot easier.
Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK

The wooden gadget is also described on the site as a "Fadenbrucke" but it
seems to me this needle-like gadget is something different.

To me it looks like an object similar to the green horseshoe, to allow one
to lift the threads over pins.  That would also be a use of a bridge.  >
Beth in Albuquerque