---- David C COLLYER <dccoll...@ncable.net.au> wrote:
Having read that I am wondering whether you might find a "Magvu"
easier. This is a magnifier which sits about 10cm out from your eyes
and can go over glasses and you can still watch TV over the top of
it. It comes with X2 and X4 lenses.

These are a lot like "Mag-Eyes", sold in the US.
http://www.mageyes.com/Hobby.htm

There's a strap around the head, and the lenses hang in front.
The lenses can be tilted out of the way up or down.  Since they
magnify the view, it's like holding the object close to the face.
You might find that you can see what's on the pillow while the
pillow is far enough away to work on it.  I've seen bobbin
lacemakers using the Mag-Eyes, and my father used them for his
jewelry-making, but I haven't used them myself.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com

Parvum leve mentes capiunt