I was looking for information on punto in aria lace, and came upon this
poignant
gem...

Punto in Aria: The Lace-Maker's Lament*
By Mary Rohrer-Dann

>From her needle, butterflies tumble,
lilies unfurl, willows bend and lift
to the nightingale’s voiceless song.

Had the pox not shut her ears, her fingers
might have played that silver reed whose highest pitch
at times unstitches the silence that cocoons her.

Instead, she works from first light until night
swallows day, then falls into bed, eyes burning,
wrists aching, fingertips thickened with toil.

She will never know how her work enchants.
Her roses decant their scent for strangers;
the stag her fingers fashion bounds away.

While the lace-merchant counts his riches, the spent
lace-maker plummets to sleep, and dreams of birds
that slip their knots, escape into unstitched air.

Found on http://www.prickofthespindle.com/poetry/6.3/rohrer-dann/punto.htm

Peg
in Fairview Park where it's cold...again...will I ever be able to put the
winter
clothes away?