Hello All!  For Sue, just to comment on LED fixtures--caveat emptor!!  I
recently encountered an issue with my Ott LED mobile task light & so far I have
not found a good answer to the situation.  This is a product that I purchased
at an EGA seminar in 2011 when I needed additional lighting at the venue.  It
is a battery operated device that gobbles batteries within a couple of hours
rendering it useless.  I ended up purchasing an adapter at Radio Shack because
Ott didn't make an AC version of this product NOR an adapter!  The cost of the
adapter was nearly the same as the cost of the light, about $25 +/- each--so
not inexpensive.  The light is rated for 40,000 hours.  A few months ago it
quit so I thought I would replace the bulbs--au contraire.  These are the
non-replaceable style of LED, making the whole device an expensive disposable
item.  Ott's eco-answer is to send the light to Waste Management for recycling!
 They also blame the adapter--an accessory that they don't p!
 rovide or sell--for causing the light to fail before 40,000 hours.  In the
meantime, I've looked at a lot of lights & haven't yet purchased a replacement.
 The Ott light is the right size to take to seminars/workshops but I don't like
the disposable aspect, the lack of an "Ott adapter" or AC version & a blame the
other guy attitude.  Other lights are not as compact, some have 100,000 hour
ratings & some have replacement sets of diodes, i.e. the whole head of the
light is a replacement part.  So far, functionality & portability haven't met
to meet my needs.  If Sue or another Arachnean finds a potential solution,
please share!  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA USA