I don't have a tablet or e-reader.  I like books in the old form, but should I
ever get a tablet, I will certainly use it to do as Vicki suggested, which is
take a photo of diagrams.  I have done this with my iphone when in class and I
remember once when I was teaching at my local guild that one student was
filming
my presentation on her tablet.  I was not aware of it until she came in for
close ups on the lace on the pillow.  She went home with something she could
follow rather than trying to remember everything that was said and shown.  Who
knows, maybe I am on youtube somewhere. :-)
Janice
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org