Hello All!  My Honiton adventures continue & I'm working fillings.  In this
case, the fillings are marked so I don't need to decide for myself how to fill
the void.  May I ask about "carrying threads"?  I'm not sure this is even the
correct terminology!  To cut or not to cut--that is the question!  Is it
necessary to sew out/bow off on the sides when the pairs will need to be sewn
in again two pins away?  OR, can the threads simply lie against the back of the
lace after sewing them & then resewing them into the new position?  There's
simply not a lot of space here & about a bazillion pin holes!  Another issue is
where to start the filling?  When working the pin & stitch, it seemed easier to
start at the narrow end & work to the wider end.  On the four pin, it seemed
easier to start at the wide end.  Overall, how does one decide?  Lastly, in one
of the Honiton classes that I attended, the teacher told me to select my own
filling, prick on plastic & make the lace.  Easier said!
  than done!  How does one go about selecting a filling to best fit the space?
Are some shapes more attractive with certain fillings?  Suggestions & advice
are welcome.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA USA