Hi Sherry,

A very interesting take on this pattern. I have seen this done in white and in the natural colours as well as ecru and think it was brave of you to put such a modern twist on it. Well done! Are you going to do the other three bookmarks as well? The roses for England, the daffodils for Wales and the shamrocks for Ireland; you have done the thistles for Scotland. I hope you have this very useful spiral bound booklet by Jean Leader for not only does it have these four bookmarks in, she also gives some very helpful info on techniques.

Happy lace making, Joepie.

-----Original Message----- From: Celtic Dream Weaver Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:15 AM o: arachne lacing ; bobbinl...@yahoogroups.com ; lacemak...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [lace] Finally I finished...the Thistle Bookmark

Jean Leader's Thistle Bookmark design is done. Whew-----This is the very same
design that burned a part of my A_ _ and got me to go to the very try it out
pillow when visiting Ithaca, New York Lace making Columbus weekend on a very public day. You see I had gone to the public day event in Ithaca with my son's
ex girlfriend. I had just gotten back from doing the trip of my
lifetime...going home to the land of my ancenstors which I was in the UK and
Ireland for a month. So when I saw the Thistle Bookmark done in white...I
was...I got to learn how to do that. So I went to the try it out pillow and
the rest was history sorta speak. That very bookmark was my inspiration to
learn.
  This bookmark has been on my pillow for about 3 years. It is the
hardest piece of lace I have ever encountered. It was hard with a big (!). I
love the design though..and yes, I made mistakes in the lace. I think it would
have helped me alot if I had Christine Springetts' Bedfordshire Lace number
two I think it was. I have this on a VCR tape that I bought from Hanson I
think it was...but I don't have a VCR player anymore and I can not afford the same thing on DVDs. It is too bad I can't trade it in...I can't afford to buy
the same thing again just because technology changes...if someone has a copy
and is no longer using it and if it isn't too terribly expensive I would be
willing to buy...but I can't afford it new. It would help me so much for I
plan on doing more Bedfordshire lace in the future.
 Anyhow I have put
pictures of the bookmark up on my blog along with what threads and so on... My
blog url. is in my signature. The lace was made using black threads with
metallics. I hope you will take the time to go and look at it and tell me what you think. I know Jean Leader has been away..and I hope she also sees it when
she gets back. I would love to hear from her. So let me know what you all
think.

Wind To Thy Wings,
Sherry
celticdreamwe...@yahoo.com