"You can find several overviews in the software section of
http://bobbin-lace.wikispaces.com ....."

The information is just a little bit out of date, I'm afraid.    Lace RXP
was replaced by Lace8 a year ago and Easy Lace went out of business about
three years ago.

Knipling is good for the more technically-minded, but a lot of folk seem to
have trouble with it.   If the user doesn't understand the "mathematical"
approach to sizing patterns it can be difficult.   Some of the drawing
functions need an understanding of maths as well.

As I've said to someone, Lace8 is the nearest thing to drawing patterns by
hand....instead of  graph paper, pencil and eraser, substitute computer
screen, mouse and delete button!    But of course, with all the computer
extras such as copy and paste etc.

I don't want to be seen as "advertising" which is why I've stayed quiet on
this discussion - and I should point out that I cannot supply anyone out of
Australia or New Zealand with copies of the programme anyway, due to
licencing restrictions.   If you decide Lace8 is for you, I don't benefit in
any way!

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)