Please let us hear of special lace-content exhibits in the  world.

Closing July 14, 2013 is the exhibit "Treasures of the Royal  Courts" at
the V&A.

I am sending this to Arachne for any travelers going to London before the
14th of July.  If you have not had enough of this period in history at the
Queen's Gallery, there is more to visit, and a reasonably-priced exhibit
catalog  at the V&A.

Searching around the V&A postings for this exhibit on the web,  which you
are encouraged to do, I found more portraits containing lace.   Certainly not
as magnificent and lace-focused as the Queen's Royal  Collection, but it
will help round out a scholar's knowledge of this  historic period.

The book covering this exhibit:  "Tudors, Stuarts, the Russian Tsars",  by
Tessa Murdoch & Olga Dmitrieva, originally 20 pounds, now 10  pounds.
(Pounds as in money!)  Hardback.  176 pages.  This  is a bargain price!

See the V&A Shop, Books at _www.vam.ac.uk_ (http://www.vam.ac.uk)

For our armor scholars, there is "Fashion and Armour in Renaissance
Europe".  I like armor (American spelling), because the surface decoration  is
lacy and sometimes portraits include lace around the neck.  Cannot give  more
information about this one, but it may intrigue you.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center