Interesting site!  I think that is a photo enlargement of a point de gaze
rose.  Wow!  There are a couple more lacy ones - one looks like cast iron
painted white and one is a piece of lace, maybe a curtain suspended behind
the bed.  A bridal veil would look gorgeous there except I don't think
anyone would want to have the lace exposed all the time.  Very
interesting!

Jane in Vermont, USA where it's cloudy again but not supposed to rain