Thank you,  Malvary,

This Chatsworth program was also broadcast in Maine USA last night.   The
subject line has been changed for this reply.

I am printing this information for possible use in the future, though  my
silver flatwear bears only the scrolling initials of a great aunt  topside
and the silver company's name bottomside!  The silver at Chatsworth  is about
four times as thick as my 1910's set, but no complaints  here.

It strikes me as being the most unusual "lace conservation fact" I  have
encountered.  So, it goes with all  other conservation tips in a  special
file.  Perhaps not applicable to 2013, but great to mention in  future talks.

Any who do this sort of program - this could be your first  anecdote.
Wear lace ruffles draping off your wrists, wave a  dinner fork, and you have a
very memorable lead into your presentation.   For a visual, set a table the
Chatsworth way, and take a photo.  Maybe a  historic house would do a setup
for you.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 7/15/2013 8:43:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,