Hello, all -

I feel like some of the people on here must know some details
that can be shared with all...

With all the media coverage of the new prince
and such, I read a fact that I think I already knew - that the famous royal
christening dress originally made for Queen Victoria's children and featured
with beautiful pictures in Royal Honiton Lace by Elsie Luxton and Yusai
Fukuyama (book is right here by my side) and worn by many royals for about 150
years was "retired" in 2004 and a new version was created.  I assume to be a
copy of the original.  When this new one was made, was there Honiton lace made
by hand used for it?  Was anyone on here involved in the creation of the lace
for the new dress?  Does anyone know anything more about the dress and its
lace?  Prince George will not be the first to wear it - I think there have
been two or three others already.  Also, is the original christening dress on
display anywhere or is it truly "safely packed away," as one article I read
stated.

Many thanks,
Arlene in NJ