The particular pattern I am going to attempt is from the be stitched.com site talled Tatted Beaded Ornament. A gorgeous green tatted rings, then loops of chain between the 2nd round of pattern. Thread size 30 DMC cebelia thread and size 11 beads for anyone interested in that level of detail. It says on that row to put a large number of beads on the shuttle thread and obviously pushing of enough of the beads for each loop, which are between a single ring each time they have used 16 beads per loop.
This particular piece lays over a christmas bauble.
I am now off to continue on and maybe finish off a first biggish piece for me, a bookmark which is going to become a bracelet for my great granddaughter. Thanks for your reply which I will add to my notes for the future. At last I can see a future in tatting which I have never managed before. Quite proud of managing it at last. Feels good.
Sue T