Best tatting thread = Handy Hands Lizbeth

Handy Hands is a great online store.

One of the best online tatting technique sites I've found is below.   She
has amazing videos for everything you can think of.
http://entrelanzaderas.blogspot.com/2010/10/clases-de-frivolite-tatting-lessons.html

Books I recommend for starters are:
Jon Yusoff's books
24 snowflakes In tatting  Lena Bjorn
Tatted Bookmarks - Lena Bjorn
Complete book of tatting - Jones

I do not like "Tatting with Visual Patterns" - Konior. However, most
tatters love it.

And AVOID Tatted treasure chest.  It's a Dover book, but the patterns are
all written out in confusing phraseology with no diagrams.

***You need to find the styles you like and buy those.  Even if it's
"recommended", if you don't like the patterns you'll never make them.

I adore Iris Niebach and Jan Stawasz, but they MIGHT seem "hard" to a
beginner.

Hope that helps.
Robin DeSpain

--
Never, ever, let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. Prove the
cynics wrong. Pity them for they have no imagination.