Hi Arachnids,

For lace with numerous sewings I like to use Duchesse or Bruges bobbins depending on the weight of the thread. For very fine thread I will use Honiton bobbins especially if a large number of bobbins are needed as they are slim and one can accommodate many bobbins on the pillow.

For continues laces I use either the Midlands (spangled) bobbins or a set of the above (according to thread weight) whichever is free at the time. I like to use the continental bobbins as I can flick them rather than having to lift them as is necessitated by the spangles. The former allows me to work a little quicker.

Happy lace making,

Joepie in East Sussex, UK