Dear friends,?

    I've just had an email from Aurelia's son, Jonathan, that Aurelia passed
away two nights ago after a long illness. I believe she would have been 97
this coming October 31st....quite a long life for a remarkable lady and
lacemaker who, just a couple of years ago, posted a link on Arachne to her
instructive needlelace blog, for which unfortunately I cannot find a
functional link. (Perhaps someone else has a working link?) Aurelia
contributed substantially to the cataloguing of the Cone Lace Collection at
the Baltimore Museum of Art and continued to make bobbin and needle lace
throughout most of her life, and graciously hosted classes and gatherings of
lacemakers at her home in Baltimore. She moved to be near her son in Michigan
in the last few years. She was a unique character and will be missed by those
of us who knew her.

    Vicki in Maryland?