---- Elizabeth Kurella <ekure...@gmail.com> wrote:
It seems to me that crocheting lacemakers are more likely than any other
lacemakers to produce crocheted variations of many other lacemaking
techniques.  I’ve seen crocheted Cluny, reticella, point plat, Gros Point,
Battenberg, filet and others.

Personally, I've always half-wondered if it isn't low self-esteem.  Crochet
was for many years very commonly done and had no real glory.  So many people
turned up their noses, "Oh, that's just crochet!"  So people imitated other
laces to prove that they can do beautiful and special things with their
technique.  I know I'm not expressing it well, but I have a feeling it's
about the attitude of crocheters and how their craft was looked down on.

Then there's the problem that so few people knew the other lace techniques
so why not crochet the designs?  All you need to know is the one lace
technique and you can do any kind of lace in the history of humanity!

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com

Parvum leve mentes capiunt